On 07/19/2011 10:05 AM, Bruno Martins - GALILEU LISBOA wrote:
Hello guys,

I am setting up a Samba server (based on CentOS 5.6) on my company which
will act as a print and file server. Also, it has dropbox installed.

I have set up everything regarding to CUPS and Samba itself, but I'm not
being able to integrate my shares with Active Directory.

All I want is that access control to Samba shares is made through Active
Directory users and their respective passwords, and not through
Unix-style users and groups. Is this possible?

Some configuration files:

/etc/nsswitch.conf - http://pastebin.com/rPgXSL6G
Bruno,

To start, change this:

  1.
     passwd: files ldap
  2.
     shadow:     files winbind
  3.
     group:      files winbind

To this:

    passwd: files winbind ldap  (Are you using ldap for anything?)
    shadow: files
    group: files winbind

kinit administra...@galileu-f.galileu.pt
This should return nothing after entering the password.

Is the join OK? net ads testjoin

Try wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g to see if you get AD users and groups.

If using PAM, is it configured for winbind?
http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netsysm/article.php/3502441/Join-Linux-to-Active-Directory-With-Winbind.htm

Dale

/etc/samba/smb.conf - http://pastebin.com/9uffAyjV

/etc/krb5.conf - http://pastebin.com/9zJFQR6J

Can someone please give me some lights on this?

If you need more information, just tell me. ;-)

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Bruno Martins