Hi,

I'm running Samba 3.5.6 with OpenLDAP 2.4.23 (from Debian Squeeze) as PDC. Everything is working fine (Joining Domains, Log on Users) but I'm not able to Log in as Domain Admin. If I try to, the message "Unable to log on „The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." (in german: "Fehler bei der Anmeldung mit dem Benutzerprofildienst. Das Benutzerprofil kann nicht geladen werden.") appears.

The Samba Log looks fine. If I change the user to be a normal Domain Users he can log in without problems.

I've changed the following Registry-Settings in order to join the domain:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManWorkstation\Parameters]
"DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000
"DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
"LmCompatibilityLevel"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\MSV1_0]
"NtlmMinServerSec"=dword:00000000
"NtlmMinClientSec"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters]
"LDAPServerIntegrity"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"RestrictNTLMInDomain"=dword:00000000
"RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:000000001
"RequireStrongKey"=dword:000000001
"DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000001
"RefusePasswordChange"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LDAP\Parameters]
"LDAPClientIntegrity"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
"LocalProfile"=dword:00000001

This is my smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = CATDOM
        server string = %h
        netbios name = PDC
        smb ports = 445 139
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
        passwd program = /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd %u
        log level = 5
        log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
        max log size = 1000
        time server = Yes
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -t 0 -w "%u"
        logon script = scripts/logon.bat
        logon path =
        logon drive =
        domain logons = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        os level = 210
        preferred master = Yes
        ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=ldap,dc=local
        ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
        ldap machine suffix = ou=Machines
        ldap user suffix = ou=People
        ldap suffix = dc=ldap,dc=local
        ldap passwd sync = yes
        ldap ssl = no
        create mask = 0775
        force create mode = 0775
        directory mask = 0775
        force directory mode = 0775
veto files = /.AppleDB/.AppleDouble/.AppleDesktop/:2eDS_Store/Network Trash Folder/Temporary Items/TheVolumeSettingsFolder/.@__thumb/.@__desc/:2e*/
        delete veto files = yes
        server signing = disabled
        encrypt passwords = true
        password server = *
        wins support = true
        local master = yes
        guest account = nobody
        map to guest = Bad User
        dns proxy = no
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_SNDBUF=65536
SO_RCVBUF=65536
        lanman auth = yes
        client ntlmv2 auth = yes

[netlogon]