Greeting Adam,

Just to be sure, because this post is interesting for those who build solution with Samba/OpenLDAP (like me who use it since 2004),

1. Samba4 don't support LDAP backend, but have is own LDAPv3 server? (ref.: http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/FAQ)

2. It's possble to use Samba4 like a Domain Controller without any Windows Server.

3. And if yes, will it be possible to extend the schema like with OpenLDAP or AD? By example if I want to use it with other service like mail server.

in short, will it be possible to continue using our solution, with the incorporated Samb4 LDAP server and without any LDAP backend?

Thank

Robert