On 30/11/11 16:43, Matthieu Patou wrote:
On 30/11/2011 10:48, steve wrote:
Hi
Samba 4 from GIT yesterday. openSUSE 12.2 server and client test
setup. Reproducible on an Ubuntu client too.

in smb.conf have:

[homes]
path = /home
read only = no

On a linux client (eg using konqueror or dolphin or nautilus) I enter

smb://hh3/steve

where hh3 is the name of the samba server. Samba is not installed on
the clients.
anyone
As a normal user, I can enter everyone else's /home folder and create
and delete anything I want!
ACLs on subfolder might be wrong.

Your script for creating the user and the user dir must take care of
giving the correct rights.

Matthieu.

Each subfolder of /home is username:users. A file which is 0755 steve:users can be deleted by anyone. Samba 4 does not prompt for a username and password when entering any share. This is just a plain install of:
samba -V
Version 4.0.0alpha18-GIT-5c53926

Thanks
Steve.