On 12/01/12 08:49, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
On Thu, 2012-01-12 at 06:15 +0100, Gémes Géza wrote:
Hi
After starting Samba 4, before anyone can do anything, Administrator
has to do a kinit to get a new ticket. This creates a cache
/tmp/krb5cc_0 with an expiry time.

I've created a host principal and put it into the keytab:
samba-tool spn add host someuser
samba-tool domain exportkeytab /etc/krb5.keytab --principal=host/HH3.SITE

How can I keep Samba 4 up without having to get a new Administrator
ticket every 10 hours?

Thanks,
Steve

That looks really strange.
Indeed.  Samba does not require a valid ticket in /tmp/krb5cc_0 to
operate.  It creates it's own internal credentials cache when required
using the machine account password.

Something else is going on here.

Andrew Bartlett

Hi
Yes, I'm sorry. There is something else. I was trying to keep the post short.

I've added rfc2307 attributes to the Samba 4 LDAP and am mapping Linux users using nslcd so that when they login and be placed in heir /home directory, have the correct uid:gid etc.

grep -v "#" /etc/nslcd.conf
uid root
gid root
uri ldap://127.0.0.1/
base dc=hh3,dc=site
binddn cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=hh3,dc=site
bindpw AbcD@123
map    passwd uid              sAMAccountName
map    passwd homeDirectory    unixHomeDirectory
map    shadow uid              sAMAccountName
sasl_mech GSSAPI
sasl_realm HH3.SITE
#krb5_ccname /tmp/krb5cc_0

Without /tmp/krb5cc_0, getent passwd does not work and Linux users are not mapped to their /home directory, shell etc.

My full method is here:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com/2011/12/samba-4-linux-integration-first-i-want.html

You mention that Samba 4 creates it's cache as needed. Could you tell me if that is a file I could access? At the moment, nslcd looks at /tmp/krb5cc_0 but /etc/nslcd.conf has a configuration option line which could point to another cache file. I had and still have, that line commented out to see what the default was.

Thanks so much for your patience.
Steve.