I was having a similar issue because 'store dos attributes' was set to yes in smb.conf. If yours is set to yes, check the user.DOSATTRIB values with the getfattr command. My previous post re user.DOSATTRIB describes the issue I was having.

Chris

On 13/01/12 01:25, Samba wrote:
Hello,

Is more information needed, or does nobody have a clue what the cause
could be?

Thanks.

Raymond

From:   Samba<sa...@hoogerdijk.org>
To:     samba@lists.samba.org
Date:   08-01-2012 12:20
Subject:        [Samba] Can see directories however no files
Sent by:        samba-boun...@lists.samba.org

Hi,

I am setting up a new server with Centos 6.2, EXT4 file system and Samba
3.5.10-114 and have made several shares. When I connect from an XP or
Windows 7 PC I can access the shares and I can see the directories which
are in the share, but not the files. I am busy for two weeks now to figure

out why, but cannot find any leads. I checked the permissions on the share

and on the files and they look OK:

Directory "files" (this directory is shared):
drwxrwx---. 17 raymond  users     4096 Dec  5 14:21 files

Then the rights from a file which is in the share (I cannot see the file
from XP or Windows 7):
-rwxrwx---.  1 raymond users 9715984 May 19  2010 guideDUT.pdf

I also checked it with getfacl:

# file: guideDUT.pdf
# owner: raymond
# group: users
user::rwx
group::rwx
other::---

The information about this share in Samba:

[files]
         force create mode = 0770
         create mode = 0770
         write list = raymond,@users
         path = /home/files
         force group = users

On my other (soon to be decommissioned) Samba server (Centos 5.7, ext3
file system and  Samba 3.5.4-0.83) the same setting works ok. What is
going wrong on the new server?

Thanks.

Raymond