Hello Amitay,

On 02/22/2012 10:07 PM, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Jeremy Davis<jdavis4...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hello Amitay,

On 02/22/2012 02:34 PM, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

That error message needs to be fixed. :)

Looks like "nsupdate" command is not in the path. samba_dnsupdate
script uses nsupdate to dynamically update DNS entries.

Try adding "nsupdate command = /path/to/nsupdate" in smb.conf.

Amitay.

Thank you SO MUCH for getting me this far!! :) That looks like it fixed that
issue but I have now ran into a denied error message for bind. Below you can
find my logs for both samba_dnsupdate and bind. Seems like the dns.keytab
file is not correct or something. I have tried to put allow-update {
192.168.30.1; } in my options section of my named.conf with no luck.

I forgot to mention that nsupdate command should also include -g flag to force
secure (kerberos) updates.

    nsupdate command = /path/to/nsupdate -g

dlz_bind9 module only allows secure dynamic updates.

Amitay.

I added the -g to the smb.conf and restarted samba and named but it doesn't seem to do anything. Could this be an issue with kerberos? I am able to authenticate with my Windows machine and via the command line using the tests on the samba4 wiki. Any ideas as to what this could be?