Well I cannot provide proof that the Microsoft radius server is setting the bit. However setting the MSV1_0_ALLOW_MSVCHAPV2 bit in the request.data.auth_crap.logon_parameters of the contact_winbind_auth_crap() function fixes the issue with ntlm_auth not being able to authenticate mschapv2 to a W2008 DC where the LMCompatibility level is set to 5 => " Clients use only NTLMv2 authentication, and they use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it. Domain controller refuses LM and NTLM authentication responses, but it accepts NTLMv2".

ntlm_auth.c:

   request.data.auth_crap.logon_parameters =
   MSV1_0_ALLOW_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT |
   MSV1_0_ALLOW_SERVER_TRUST_ACCOUNT | MSV1_0_ALLOW_MSVCHAPV2 ;

Glenn