Am 18.03.2012 16:19, schrieb steve:
> On 17/03/12 18:00, Andreas Oster wrote:
>> I want to achieve the following:
>>
>> 1) allow non-Windows machines (printers, ILO ...) to be added by dhcpd
>> 2) allow Windows machines (joined to AD) to update their own entries
>>
>> 2 - already works with the configuration from samba wiki
>>
>> Thank you for your kind help
>>
>> best regards
>>
>> Andreas
>>
> Hi
> I'm not sure if his is what you mean but we have a lan of windows and
> linux clients under s4. Both win and Linux clients get their IP via
> dhcp. You can see the Kerberos dialogue reveal the IP when the box first
> connects. It is a different IP after each boot. So, if Linux counts as
> non windows, then yes, it works. We did nothing apart from adding the
> dlz stuff to bind.
> Cheers,
> Steve

Hi all,

does nobody have the same requirements regarding the dynamic DNS updates ?

I know this setup would somehow circumvent the security efforts behind
the kerberos stuff, but I personally prefer to have security at L2, with
for example 802.1X, and allow the DHCP srver to update name records in
the DNS database.

kind regards

Andreas