Yes, version 3.0.28-apple which ships with 10.6.8.

Apple so far has been useless in trying to solve this. I have Redhat machines with later versions and have not had the problem reported.

Best I can tell it has to do with our software accessing the registry repeatedly and finally SMBD falls over. This only with a Windows 7 box as I can run XP all day without issue doing the same access to the registry. I'm almost sure it accessing the registry going by what I see in packet traces. (DCERPC Bind ...... is the packet that shows a fault and the daemon terminates and another SMBD picks the session up like nothing happened.)

Pat.