Il 08/05/2012 21:37, Kevin Elliott ha scritto:
Interesting.

I'l try this and see what happens.

Any idea why setting such an aggressive cache refresh time for the idmap issue
could resovle this?

My server is still in test, so I don't know what will happen when hundreds of users became to connect. As a reference, in the current working server with samba Version 3.0.33-3.29.el5_7.4 the parameter idmap cache time is set to the default (900). I wonder about such difference (900 vs 604800) and I did use 900 instead of 300. Now it looks good (after 1 day), but I'll keep in test for some while. I also had bad mapping problems: winbind reported uncorrect number of groups and wrong group for some users. I guess this is also related to the cache because after yesterday is working correctly and I don't know why (may be: net cache flush or some smb.conf parameter or ...). I also verified that setting idmap uid and idmap gid at a value like 10000-20000 does not work (I have no unix user or group in the range 1000-65000, so I supposed the range 10000-20000 was equivalent to 15000-25000 ...)

My actual settings are:
[global]
        workgroup = CED
        realm = CED.AOS
        server string = Samba Server Version %v
        security = ADS
        password server = 172.18.10.24 172.18.10.23
        name resolve order = lmhosts host bcast
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        ldap ssl = no
        idmap uid = 100000-200000