On 22/06/12 11:46, steve wrote:
On 22/06/12 11:41, Colin Fowler wrote:
On 21/06/12 17:50, Jeremy Allison wrote:
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 05:50:45PM +0100, Colin Fowler wrote:

Am I corect in thinking that this is something that would be desireable
for others and not just me and my rather oddball configuration? For
people using standalone servers, NSS/LDAP etc and any other places where
winbind is not used, this would be a rather useful feature, no?

Hi Colin, Hi Jeremy
I don't think it's so oddball. We also use nss for our rfc2307 mappings from the S4 directory for Linux clients joined to the domain. It works perfectly via NFS to Linux but acls on shares on s3fs between Linux and windows are not quite right.

Colin: Are you talking about setting an acl on windows and it being honoured by Linux and vica versa?

Jeremy: are you saying that acl mappings 'both ways' only work with winbind?

If so, a big +1 from me to get the 'both' ways working. Very desirable. Maybe this will get easier when we can put stuff like create mode= and force group= in smb.conf.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve, yes, I'd like users to be able to set an ACL in Windows for a domain user and for it to be honoured in Linux for the mapped Unix user. Currently if I set an ACL in Linux for the Unix user, it actually appears correctly in the security dialog box on windows. I just can't set a new ACL from Windows.

regards,
        Colin