On 27/06/12 21:16, Chris Weiss wrote:
dfs can do a sort of share cluster too, where multiple server have the
same share and the clients can connect to any one of the servers using
the same name.  My understanding is that samba supports this mode, but
you have to do the file share sync and locking some other way.  gfs or
ocfs on top of drdb are possible options for this

Hi
Just trying to get all the options before we go much further.

We already have 2 replicating DC's with the file server on DC1. Would it be possible to use drdb here by putting the fileserver data on a separate partition and syncing that to DC2? Or how about a third box drbd'd to DC1 mirroring the data partition and setting up that as a fileserver too?
Cheers,
Steve