On 30/07/12 01:14, John Drescher wrote:
On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM, steve <st...@steve-ss.com> wrote:
2 Samb4 DC's joined and replicating great.
Hi
I'm running some Linux scripts on DC2 which I copied from DC1.

I changed the ldap://address for a script which I copied to DC2 to that of
DC2. If I now deliberately failover DC1,  the script on DC2 complains that
the ldap addresss is invalid.

Do I keep the scripts at the same ldap://address on BOTH DC's? Is, that
correct?

I put both ldap servers (actually in my case 3 ldap servers and 3 DCs)
on that line on both DCs.

John

Hi John
Thanks
Say I have:
ldbsearch --url=ldap://hh1.hh3.site --kerberos=yes --krb5-ccache=$ccache <some search stuff>

How would I add ldap://hh6.hh3.site to that line?

Is there a way to pull the fqdn's for both DC's from the directory? (so I can make the script non specific to my domain)
Cheers,
Steve