On 03/08/12 13:07, NdK wrote:
Il 03/08/2012 10:22, steve ha scritto:

It doesn't seem to matter. I can have the same id range on both server
and client. What is uid 3000027 on the server becomes uid 3000002 on the
client.
Remember to delete all .tdb files and rejoin the machine between tests
w/ different backends, or you'll get big troubles.
Since you can control your domain, stick to ad backend. And remember to
keep uids/gids stored in AD in a "safe" range (less than 500 and ...
wooops! -- remember 0 is root, that could get squashed to nobody by NFS).

Hope reinstall brings you good news :)

BYtE,
  Diego.

Hi Diego
Thanks for the tip. In fact, Samba4 defaults to 300000-400000 which I think is pretty safe?

My main problem is on the 3.6 client where the ad backend is not honoured. As you say, I've gone for a reinstall with an openSUSE client which has a patched 3.6.6 so hoping. . .
Cheers,
Steve