On 07/10/12 16:02, steve wrote:
On 07/10/12 12:58, steve wrote:
On 07/10/12 10:52, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
On Sun, 2012-10-07 at 10:07 +0200, steve wrote:
On 06/10/12 17:11, steve wrote:
Hi
I have folder redirection working fine in XP. I see that W7 has taken
the same configuration as I made in XP. Here is a screenshot:
   http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45150875/gpo.png

Unfortunately, on w7, whilst the roaming profile is correctly set,
there
is no folder redirection. Nothing appears in the \\hh1\USERS folder for
the user who has logged in.

Upon opening the GPO editor as Administrator in W7, I get an error
message about AD and sysvol permissions:

'The permissions for this GPO in the SYSVOL folder are inconsistent
with
those in ctive Directory. (...) To change the SYSVOL permissions to
those in Active Directory, click OK.'

Clicking OK gives 'Access is Denied. I then ran samba-tool ntacl
sysvolreset and restarted the GPO editor. It then opened without the
error:) The settings appear exactly as I set them on XP but are not
honoured in W7.

The share for the redirected folders says it's offline. There is an
offline tab where the security tab normally is under the share
properties. Relevant?

Can anyone help me trace what's wrong?
Cheers,
Steve

Further tests show using the windows 'set' command, that the policy is
only being applied to Administrator. IOW, 'APPDATA' is being redirected
to the server. Everyone else still has the local Roaming folder for
appdata.

I have run gpupdate /force but still no folder redirection for users.
Thanks,
Steve

Look for file permission errors in the network trace when accessing the
GPO.

Andrew Bartlett

Hi Andrew
I did a wireshark of a user called steve2 logging on and off:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45150875/logon

The folder to which the gpo should redirect to, \\hh1\USERS, is
mentioned only once, all the other SMB2 traces refer to the steve2.V2
profile folder. I have Application Data redirected to \\hh1\USERS

'set' shows APPDATA is still local to the client.

The gpo works fine on XP but fails for all users other than
Administrator on W7. 'set' for Administrator shows the redirection to
the server share at \\hh1\USERS\Administrator\Application Data. For
Administrator nothing is written to the share, but I think this is
because Administrator does not have a uidNumber nor gidNumber.

Any help most gretfuly received.
Cheers,
Steve

This works fine on XP but fails on W7.

OK
Getting a bit closer:
The share \\hh1\USERS is not accessible by users, neither can I set the security on it as Administrator because the security tab has been replaced by 'offline files'. The underlying POSIX share is /home2/USERS and it is 0777, global RW.

THanks,
Steve

Hi Steve, a quick google finds: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/48829-offline-files-enable-disable-use.html

believed to be clean.