On 16/10/12 18:12, Michael Wood wrote:
On 16 October 2012 15:10, steve <st...@steve-ss.com
<mailto:st...@steve-ss.com>> wrote:

    On 16/10/12 10:31, Karolin Seeger wrote:

        Release Announcements
        ---------------------

        This is the third release candidate of Samba 4.0.

    Hi
    I've been updating from the v4-0-test branch and have landed at:
    Version 4.0.0rc3-GIT-293b100

    A git pull tells me that it is Already up to date.

    To get rc3 do I have to download the tarball and rebuild?

If you run the following you will see the rc3 tag:

$ git tag | grep 4.*rc
release-3-4-0rc1
samba-3.4.0rc1
samba-4.0.0rc1
samba-4.0.0rc2
samba-4.0.0rc3

What you can do is create a new local branch pointing at samba-4.0.0rc3
like this:

$ git checkout -b v4.0.0rc3 samba-4.0.0rc3
Switched to a new branch 'v4.0.0rc3'

That should (unless I am mistaken) be identical to the tarball.

If you want to switch back to the v4-0-test branch again later, just do
this:

$ git checkout v4-0-test

Hi
I get:
 git branch
  master
  v4-0-test
* v4.0.0rc3

and then an error:
git pull
There is no tracking information for the current branch.
Please specify which branch you want to merge with.
See git-pull(1) for details

    git pull <remote> <branch>

If you wish to set tracking information for this branch you can do so with:

    git branch --set-upstream v4.0.0rc3 origin/<branch>

I've tried reading man git and man git-pull but it's another project in its own right:(

Is there anything simple I can do?
Cheers,
Steve