Hello.

Samba 4 rc 3.
I had noticed a strange behavior. If host creates a record, it won't be further
updated until the record gets deleted manually. What could cause this?

Another question: how could the dynamically added record's TTL be enforced? For
example, we have a user-based VLAN assignment in our networks. When Windows
host boots, it authenticates with machine account and goes to the one of
"parking" VLANs. Later, when user logs in, he gets a different VLAN and
different IP address. So, we really want other DNS servers to not cache this
records for too long.
Normally, this is done by modifying SOA record (and, as I recall, Samba's
internal DNS respects TTLs in SOA). But samba-tool can't edit SOA records, MMC
DNS snap-in fails to do it too.

Thanks.

--
Best regards,