Hai,

small question.

Im running debian squeeze, samba 3.6.6-2~bpo60+1  in with domain with ldap.

I joint my domain with a new server as domain member, so far so good.

im having problems with the "force user" parameter.
Its not working.  ;-)
the force group is working fine.

strange this is, the share is a copy of other server ( the settings ) and on
other server its working ok.

this is the share :

[dbspool]
        comment = Aftermath Database Spooling
        path = /home/dbspool
        browseable = yes
        writeable = yes
        read list = @"DOMAINNAME\groupname"
        write list = @"DOMAINNAME\groupname"
        force user = username
        force group = groupname
        create mode = 666
        directory mode = 777
        wide links = yes
        follow symlinks = yes

Very this i copy to the share has user root ( and this is correct since my user
is also in the Domain Admins group )
but with force user it should be username and not root.

Im missing something, but can see what.
the logs are error free.

Best regards,

Louis