Hi Andrew, thanks for the reply.

Presently, my configuration (as shown) works great for user accounts with known
passwords within the active directory domain (very few of these - mostly admin,
service, & test accounts). The issue lies when trying to use upn-mapped user
accounts. Active directory is not supposed to be the authentication authority
for those accounts, so when they're created (via some script - not in my
control), the passwords are long randomly-generated strings. However, because
of the Kerberos trust and UPN mapping, a user can masq as that AD user with a
valid TGT from the trusted realm.

Trying to login as one of the mapped users: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Regarding the PAC: the trusted realm is MIT Kerberos. I think there are plans
to mirror this in an AD domain somewhere, but I haven't heard anything more on
this.

Cheers,

--Joseph