First: please keep discussion on list.
On 12/2/2012 7:32 AM, Hleb Valoshka wrote:
On 11/23/12, Joubert, Dawie <dawie.joub...@rhdhv.com> wrote:

My question is thus: How can I make Samba4 update the DNS entries
and allow
DHCP to update the entries?

Somebody should add this link to howto :)

http://blog.michael.kuron-germany.de/2011/02/isc-dhcpd-dynamic-dns-updates-against-secure-microsoft-dns/

Secondly, is this even necessry with the AD type domain?

dunno

I don't see how updating a M$ DNS server applies here.
M$ DNS server (if AD integrated) uses the same RPC management protocol
which is implemented by the dnsserver dcerpc endpoint server running by
default inside the samba binary.

I haven't used a recent build of Samba 4.0 but samba use to create a
bind.conf file on creating the domain. If you merge the two you should
be able to get everything working.

Regards

Geza Gemes

That is very useful to know, but he said BIND. Would that sill apply?

Yes it applies regardless of the DNS server (the program listening on port 53) because it manipulates the data underneath. So it should apply to both samba internal DNS server and bind (with dlz plugin) as well.

Regards

Geza Gemes