Hi, All,

I'm having a problem with my samba server(v3.6.9) setup. I have a share on the server:

#cd /
#mkdir managment
#chown -R root:managegroup management
#chowm -R 2770 management

When I test this I found out:
the managegroup member can create new file/dir with the correct permission: -rwxrws--- or drwxrws---

BUT, when the client copy a file or dir to the share from his local drive, then some file/dir will have different the permission when it coiped to the Samba share. (for example, drwxrwxr-x)

We have both Windows and Ubuntu client. Ubuntu client use cifs.mount to access the Samba share.

Here is my smb.conf file. Please help me. All I want is when and file and/or dir end up on the samba share, it should have 770 permission.

Thanks.

Gao

my smb.conf:
        workgroup = WORKGROUP