On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:42:31 +0200, TAKAHASHI Motonobu <mo...@monyo.com> wrote:

From: vagy <v...@freemail.gr>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:08:57 +0200

Btw how did you examine it? Did you setup a test lab
that implements the setup as i described it?

- Setup 2 subnets connected via a router
- Setup 2 Samba box in each subnet, each smb.conf is like

-----
[global]
  workgroup = SAMBAxx
  domain master = yes
  wins support = yes
  remote browse sync = x.x.x.x
------

- x.x.x.x means the IP address of another peer.
- SAMBAxx means the unique workgroup name (for example SAMBA01 and SAMBA02)

Then, each Samba box exchanges its browse list.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <mo...@monyo.com> / @damemonyo
                   facebook.com/takahashi.motonobu

Hi Takahashi,

thats very interesting and is a fallback scenario in case
samba4WINS doesn't work. Maybe the need for a DMB comes
from the fact that you used two different workgroups?
What if workgroup=SAME in both smb.conf?

I used two different workgroups. One is SAMBA01, the other is SAMBA02.

If I use same workgroup name, then they should be recognized as a domain.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <mo...@monyo.com> / @damemonyo
                   facebook.com/takahashi.motonobu

Hi Takahashi,

thanx for the efforts, i'll try it out and post back here.

Cheers,
- vagy