I believe that the HP Response Center has taken calls from Wal-Mart on CIFS/9000 Server (HP's supported version of Samba), so I think that at least some Wal-Mart sites are running CIFS/9000.

In any case, CIFS/9000 Server has MCSG scripts (.cntl,.conf,.mon) in /opt/samba/HA/ under active_active or active_standby. In addition, there are detailed instructions on how to configure MCSG with the relocatable IP address and NetBIOS alias in the README file. The same instructions are available in the CIFS/9000 Server manual.

You can get a copy of the manual at http://www.docs.hp.com/hpux/netcom/index.html#CIFS/9000. You can download CIFS/9000 Server for free from
http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo.pl?productNumber=B8725AA.

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard

Dan Doffermyre wrote:

Samba friends,

I work in Wal-Mart's IT department, specifically with Unix Servers of various flavors, but HP-UX is predominant in our Home Office environment.
I recently built an two node HA cluster on HP 11.11 boxes. I want to be able to have Samba use the virtual name of my cluster. Currently Samba is configured to use the hardcoded box name, however if the box happens to go down, we have to go in and reconfigure the clients to point to the secondary box name. Sure would be nice to point everything to the virtual name. So I was wondering if you have any documents that explain how you would go about setting up Samba with HP's MC/Service Guard?

Thanks,
Dan Doffermyre
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
805 Moberly Ln.
Bentonville, AR 72716
(479)277-3942

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.