Dariush Forouher wrote:
Am Fre, 2003-01-17 um 09.35 schrieb Jim:

OK, here is the deal.  My system spins like a top with one exception.
Are you using samba 2.2 or 3.0?
With samba 3.0 you can specify this in smb.conf
Right now I am using 2.2.7a. Is 3.0 out and stable? If it is, I will consider an upgrade. I've really got to learn how to make rpm packages someday. ;-)

ldap suffix = dc=brgs,dc=org
ldap machine suffix = ou=Machines
ldap user suffix = ou=People

But AFAIR this is not possible with samba 2.2, beside this options are
missing it still requieres a unix account for every machine trust
account.
Yes, I've noticed that all of the machine accounts are posix.

Thanks for the response. I'll spend the rest of the day looking at and/or doing an upgrade assumeing I can find everything OK.

Jim C.

P.S. Oh, wait. I should ask if there are any known bad bugs in Samba 3.0 as yet. Are there? Thanks.