On 10/05/13 00:40, Neal Murphy wrote:
On Thursday, May 09, 2013 05:36:42 PM steve wrote:
Hi
We're testing the sssd dynamic dns for AD Linux clients. The w7 clients
seem to issue an update request every 20 minutes or so, which seems a
bit excessive. The sssd default is 24 hours, which otoh seems a bit mean.

Is there an official Samba stance on this? Anyone else using dyndns with
Linux boxes?

I think most modern DNS update clients for GNU/Linux keep track of the last
address and only update when it changes or at boot or maybe when the link
bounces.

I should think Linux ought to interact with AD the same way: only update when
the IP address or hostname changes.

Hi
It's just that we don't always know when it's going to change. sssd already looks after this for logins and booting but I was wondering about the option that it also offers i.e. behave like windows and send regular updates at (?) intervals.
Cheers,
Steve