On 13/05/13 09:20, Chris Rowson wrote:

Don't mind installing BIND at all. Thanks for clearing that up. If anyone
reading has write access to the wiki it might be worth mentioning that
dynamic DNS updates are broken in the internal DNS server at the moment
though :-)

Does installing BIND as per the samba wiki work OK then, or is there
anything else I need to be doing?

Hi
Ah, this probably explains my nsupdate problem creating tsig errors against the internal server:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-May/173262.html
and why our Linux clients don't get A records when they join the domain:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-May/173214.html

I can confirm that switching to BIND solves both issues. It's easy to do so maybe try that and wait until the internal dns gets fixed?

HTH
Cheers,
Steve