Hi,

Its simple, this is a BAD thing tot do.
But if you really want a nas.
As a technician I can agree, but I ceased trying to explain to management. Hey, we must help hardware vendor personal have a living ;-) and they help us put more expertise areas in our own resume. ;-)))

Get a synology.
The best you can get, is my experiance.

Thanks a lot. I hope not only best as a NAS but also easy to setup as a member server for a samba 3 or 4 domain, right?

Just get a pc with 2 harddisks and install.
http://www.freenas.org/
Risking being off-topic on this list, many people told me not to use freenas because it was unmantained. Do you actually use it, follow the project closely, or just heard about it?

personaly, get the samba4 appliance.
I have to use my RHEL subscriptions ;-) Will use sernet packages when I get to upgrade to samba4.

get zarafa, and you have about the samba as Windows + exchange
Already have Zimbra. Someday I'll research about integrating Zimbra LDAP to Samba 4 LDAP. Won't try with Samba 3 because I hope to upgrade to samba4 this year.

[]s, Fernando Lozano