Hello,

I am currently testing two Samba 4.0.6 AD DCs. I've noticed that permissions in
the sysvol directory do not seem to be consistent. Some GPs are owned by root,
while others are owned by DOMAIN\Domain Admins. Attempting to fix the
permissions with "samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset" while samba is running results
in a "PANIC: internal error". In fact, even trying to "ls -l" the directories
inside of the sysvol directory causes a PANIC. The domain is then unusable
until I restart samba. Here is a verbose log with "log level = 3":
http://pastebin.com/F1tSZVNf

What is the correct/safe way to fix permissions on the sysvol directory (and
why do they get changed like this) and what is a safe way to sync the sysvol
directory between DCs (rsync causes this same PANIC)?

Thanks,

Andrew Martin