I have installed samba from source (I've tried both V4-0-stable and v4-1-stable) using BIND9_DLZ on Ubuntu server 13.04 and I'm unable to get samba_dnsupdate to function.

# samba_dnsupdate --all-names --fail-immediately

will return

dns_tkey_negotiategss: TKEY is unacceptable

If I then try nsupdate directly:

nsupdate -g /tmp/tmpEk4_WK

I also get:

dns_tkey_negotiategss: TKEY is unacceptable

The credential cache looks like:

# klist -c /tmp/tmpQoCe89

Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/tmpQoCe89
Default principal: ADS1$@INTERNAL.DOMAIN.COM

Valid starting    Expires           Service principal
26/07/2013 09:03 26/07/2013 19:03 krbtgt/internal.domain....@internal.domain.com 26/07/2013 09:03 26/07/2013 19:03 DNS/ads1.internal.domain....@internal.domain.com

Dns appears to be functioning correctly with forward and reverse lookups correct.

Can anyone help with ideas to track down this problem?

Thanks,
Dave