On 07/23/2013 10:49 PM, Garth Keesler wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to mention. This ONLY occurs when I join Samba 4.x to an existing Windows domain. When I join a Windows DC to an existing Samba 4.x domain, all works correctly including Forest and Domain bi-directional DNS repl.

Thanx,
Garth

Hi Garth,

It was once working in my test environment, but I do not know why. We had a little discussion some months ago [1]. But most of the time I was also having issues demoting Windows DCs (mostly with the samba-internal DNS database which told me the database is inconsistent as soon as I tried to add new records). As we do have small environments with about 30 users and we do use puppet for deployment, I have chosen not do to migration/demoting of existing Windows domains.

I am starting now from scratch with new Samba4 domains which seems to work very well with single or multiple domain controllers.

Sorry, not really helpful but I do not have an answer to the question. It's just my experience. Maybe it's because I'm using the "old" version which is used with Debian Wheezy, I don't know.

Regards
Peter

[1] https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-February/171583.html