Hi Steve,

when I start samba without the 'server services' optinion I get:

"At this time the 'samba' binary should only be used for either: 'server role = active directory domain controller' or to access the ntvfs file server with 'server services= +smb' oder the rpc proxy with 'dcerpc endpoint servers = remote' You should start start smbd/nmbd/winbindd instead for domain member an standalone file server tasks"

But there are no smb/nmbd/winbindd binaries.

Klaus