On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 17:58 +0100, Dominic Evans wrote:
On 5 August 2013 01:28, Andrew Bartlett <abart...@samba.org> wrote:
On Fri, 2013-08-02 at 14:41 +0100, Dominic Evans wrote:
The debian package of samba4 is still sitting at 4.0.3 in
experimental. Please could someone (Andrew?) upload an updated package
now that we are up to 4.0.7?

http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/samba4.html
We have toiled mightily, and have new experimental packages.  They are
stuck in the NEW queue, and have been for a month:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

(This is because we have additional package names, as part of the merge
with the 'samba' package).
So the new packages have now made it into experimental
http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/samba/news/20130806T230018Z.html

However, it isn't obvious what the upgrade step(s) should be from an
existing `samba4` install to these packages. They don't appear to have
specified Conflicts/Replaces with the samba4 packages, and it appears
like a `sudo apt-get install -t experimental samba` would be partially
installing alongside the existing samba4 binaries?
We do have conflicts/Replaces set, and when the bulk of the packaging
work was done this was tested upgrading from both.  From here, the best
approach would be to tell us what errors you get, and we can add some
more as required.

Andrew Bartlett

Unfortunately http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=samba&searchon=sourcenames&suite=experimental&section=all still shows samba4 (4.0.3+dfsg1-0.1).

Regards