I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one.  I am having trouble
getting LDAP and samba working properly on my Debian Woody box.  I am using
OpenLDAP 2.0.27-3 and the unsable packaged Samba version 2.999+3.0 and am
using the samba.schema for my LDAP database.

Whenever I try to join the network using either W2K or smbclient the LDAP
debug log shows that the following filter is being used:
Jan 24 12:32:01 boo slapd[14586]:     filter:
(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=ELUCIDATION\5CROOT))
So the problem is that the domain name is being prefixed to the userid but
my LDAP database only wants a userid.  I thought the "ldap filter" parm in
smb.conf might allow me to change this, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions??  Thanks in advance.

John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]