Hi all

We installed Samba 2.2.3a to host files for the computers of our
secretary-office. Our secretaries are using Win2k computers, mostly Excel.

Win2k - German - SP3
Excel2k Pro - German - SP3

We have the following problem:

If they try to open files using Workplace-Directory-Folders they get following
error: Once in a while Excel hangs after opening three or four files.

If they try to open the files within Excel the error doesn't occur.

Has anyone seen this problem before ?
Is it a error in our configuration or is it a problem between this Samba-Ver.
and Win2k?

Greets Heiko
Dipl. Inf. Heiko Schellhorn

University of Bremen                    Room:   NWI-W3140
Inst. of Environmental Physics  Phone:  +49(0)421 218 4080
P.O. Box 33 04 40                       Fax:            +49(0)421 218 4555
D-28334 Bremen                          Mail:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Germany                                 www:
http://www.iup.physik.uni-bremen.de
                                                                http://www.sciamachy.de
                                                                http://www.geoscia.de
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from xxx.xxx.bremen.de (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
# Date: 2002/09/19 16:29:56

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = XXXXX
        interfaces = xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/255.255.255.0
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        map to guest = Bad User
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
        character set = ISO8859-15
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 100
        domain master = True
        valid users = user1, user2, user3, user4, nobody
        directory mask = 0777
        printing = lprng
        oplock contention limit = 0

[share]
        comment = Shared Directory
        path = /home/shared
        username = user1, user2, user3, user4, nobody
        valid users = @xxxxxx
        read list = @xxxxxx
        write list = @xxxxxx
        force group = @xxxxxx