Hi,
I have succesfully installed the latest version of samba (2.2.7a.tar.gz) with winbind support and
it seems to work. If I run getent passwd or group I can see local and remote (NT4)
users and groups but, if I create a new user linux login with a NT group, useradd says:
[linux] useradd -g DOMAIN+group -d HOME DIR -s /bin/false USER
useradd:unknown group DOMAIN+group
It not should use nsswitch.conf to check for groups?
My nsswitch.conf file is:
passwd files winbind
group files winbind
With getent it works but useradd not!

I saw also in /etc/pam.d/ there is a useradd configuration file, so I tried with several combinations
to add pam_winbind.so module but without success.
useradd file.

I have not any ideas for solving this problem. Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much for yours collaboration,
Gabriele.