I did what Gabriel suggested and it didnt' find a C compiler as most of you have said to me. I'm using redhat 7.3 currently on my system and I would of thought that a C compiler would of been installed with it??? But since this isn't the case... I'll have to find a c compiler first before i can do anything else by the sounds of things. Can anyone suggest where to look for one keeping in mind that I don't have a compiler?
You probably didn't install "development" packages when installing RedHat. Install the gcc package from your redhat disc.