On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 21:53, Nuno Pereira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've been testing Samba 3 for some time now, and we had absolutely no
> problems connecting it to Windows 2000 KDC, etc...
>
> Now, we're trying to push it further and have it authenticate against a
> non-windows KDC, and I have to admit that I am nowhere near to it. I've
> seen a few discussions in this list regarding exactly this issue, but I
> still don't get it ;-))

This is not supported at this time.

We need to add some code to allow you to 'set' the member server's
password, rather than doing an LDAP or RPC join, and setting it in both
places.  This would then require that you manually create the account in
the KDC.

How you then get windows machines to get the tickets etc is up to you
:-)

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]