Matt Lester schrieb:
I cannot seem to find the plain password patch for the registry for NT4 or
2000.  Is there one patch that works for both?  Can you point me to where I
can download the patch?

no it's not the same...
*attention*: in w2k u can only use plain tesxt password, if u *don't* join a domain. w2k cannot join a domain with plain text password...

gk

nt4.0:
REGEDIT4

;Contributor:   Tim Small ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
;Updated:       20 August 1997
;Subject:       Registry file to enable plain text passwords in NT4-SP3 and later

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters]
"EnablePlainTextPassword"=dword:00000001

w2k:
REGEDIT4

;Contributor:   Herb Lewis ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
;Updated:       16 July 1999
;Subject:       Registry file to enable plain text passwords in Windows 2000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkStation\Parameters]
"EnablePlainTextPassword"=dword:00000001

Matt Lester
AISG Government Systems
Network/System's Engineer
(407) 581-2929 ext. 218