On version 2.0 using "security = domain" and "include = globals.%m" I could specify
what PDC to use depending on client name. This was a neat arrangement to integrate
legacy NT4 domains - I asked the remote admins to add the samba server to their
domain, and ran "smbpasswd -j <various> -r <various pdc's>" to end up with multiple
machine.sid's in private. All was wonderful, and then I upgraded . . .

Now 2.2.7a with single secrets.tdb, samba is again added to the various domains, and
can authenticate to any of them individually (their workgroup in smb.conf), but a %m
globals match always produces an auth2 error. I think samba's pulling the wrong SID
out of secrets.tdb, always using the %m workgroup, but the smb.conf global workgroup
SID to authenticate!

Does anyone else bring together NT4 domains with samba to avoid "trusts"? Do you use
this method, how does it work for you?