I am running Samba 2.2.7a in domain mode .. all is great.

I have a XP user on my local network that connects to samba as a domain user - so far
so good.

This users also has a Cisco VPN client for connecting over the internet to another
application at a service bureau. When the VPN client is activated, all traffic from
this machine is only forwarding network traffic over the VPN pipe. Obviously, this
causes a problem with my Samba shares as they are no longer available. When the VPN
client is shutdown all is well again.

The VPN configuration is provided by the service bureau so I have no control over its
configuration.

My local network is DHCP controlled using 192.168.0.*/24 and the VPN pipe is connected
to a public address over the internet connection. I am using WINS on the Samba server,
put I still cannot ping anything on my local network.

I may be answering my own question, but do I need to get the service bureau to supply
me with a VPN configuration that places everything over the VPN Pipe except for
192.168.0.* addresses?

Any thoughts?
Pat