Mathias Homann admin at eregion.de

Thu May 29 18:46:50 GMT 2003

Am Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2003 14:39 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/

Why on earth do people keep on insisting that imprints is useful and functional?

Hi, Mathias,

yours is the first comment I read about that section. In fact, this section
comes from the old HOWTO collection, and I felt it was only appropriate to
keep it in, if the warning about its unmaintained status is made more
prominent and the call for volunteers is repeated.

It's been dead since more than a year,

My draft says so and names a date: since December 2000.

has never worked for me, and anybody I've been mailing about imprints has not even had an active maintainer for more than a year.

I'm the first to say that the idea _behind_ it is temptingm

That's why I feel it should not be just abandoned.

but without anyone actively maintining it, and without a reliable, working version out there, it should not be mentioned as a _solution_.

OK -- this is open for discussion. If I hear more voices about it blowing the same horn, it might go out...

bye,
        MH

Cheers, Kurt