Hello,

I am sharing my cups printers via samba (2.2.7) on a redhat 7.3 machine running a firewall configured with iptables.

I have included my smb.conf file below. My problem is that windows machines can setup the printer just fine, search for the
the server astro, the users enter their smb passwd and username and they can ste up the printer.

However I find everytime they reboot their machine, they can no longer print to the printer. It is still there but print jobs just sit there. If the user, accesses a shared drive such as /home or /data. They are able to print again after clearing the print queue. I have got around this problem temporarily by mapping a network drive from the server astro on the windows machines however sometimes, windows for some unknown loses this mapped drive (even though I have set reconnect at logon).

Does this seem like normal behaviour? Is there someway to get around having to map a network drive to get the printer to work?

Thanks,

melinda

[global]
workgroup = ASTROPHYSICS
server string = Astro
hosts allow = 129.94.162. 129.94.163. 127.
printcap name = /etc/printcap
load printers = yes
printing = cups
printcap name = cups
guest account = smb
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 0
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
unix password sync = Yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
pam password change = yes
obey pam restrictions = yes
dns proxy = no
[homes]