On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 04:58, Holger Brückner wrote:
> Hello *
>
> in my samba installation the unix password sync program is not run as
> suer root. instead it runs as the user whw want's to change the
> password:
>
> this is a recompiled debian samba_2.999+3.0.alpha23-4 with ldapsam
> enabled (no other changes to the debian build script)

You might find 'ldap passwd sync' less painful, and easier to debug.
Samba uses the 'password set' API to directly set the user's password.

You may need to use the patch recently re-posted to samba-technical, if
debian has moved to OpenLDAP 2.1

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]