I am using samba-2.2.7-3.7.2 on a redhat 7.2 server with an attached
printer which is run by CUPS.  It worked OK until I upgraded to
samba-2.2.7-3.7.2.  Now I can print locally on the server machine, but
not from the windows machines on the LAN.

The error message on the windows box is " Unable to create a print
job." Another error, produced daily when samba is "re-initialized"
during log rotation is "Unable to open printcap file cups for read!"
The samba log also shows "printing/pcap.c:pcap_printer_fn(372)

There is no file called "cups", so I tried adding world-read
permission to some of the likely config files.  No joy.  Searches of
the samba archive and google did not show anything useful.

Any help would be appreciated.