Bobby Hitt wrote:

Hello,

Ever since adding Internet access to my cable account, I can no longer
access several Samba servers on the Internet that I routinely accessed using
my dialup account. I've tried using both the inetd server (with my cable IP
address in the hosts.allow file. I can telnet, etc no problem, so I know
it's working) and running smbd and smbd as daemons. When I try to access the
Samba server, I watch the logs on the server, no warnings, errors, notices,
etc., no indiation that I'm even attempting to access the server. I've tried
using both the name in my /etc/hosts file, and also by IP address. As I said
before, I had no problems using my dialup account.

Can anyone shed ANY light on what's going on?

TIA,

Bobby

yes, most cable companys block smb traffic across their networks see if you can telnet to the remote box on port 137, 138, and 139 to just recieve connect messages if you can then I hve no idea what is going on but it sounds like your cable company is blocking traffic.

Jeff Means
[EMAIL PROTECTED]