We have two groups of users:  Shell users, and "samba-only".  All users have access to
a "home" share, but because the servers have multiple "home" filesystems, we don't use
the [homes] share for
them, we map special shares to a path using the %U variable.

All users are defined in an LDAP directory, and we use nss_ldap to find them.  This
all works fine.  All users have the "home directory" in LDAP set to /home/$USERNAME.
The shell users automount
their Linux home directories on /home from a dedicated NFS server separate from the
Samba setup.  Samba-only users don't have directories on this system.

Because of this, we get a lot of messages like this in the Samba logs:

Jun 24 11:42:17 smb1 automount[1235]: attempting to mount entry /home/rram
Jun 24 11:42:17 smb1 automount[21060]: >> mount: nfsserver:home/rram failed, reason
given by server: Permission denied
Jun 24 11:42:17 smb1 automount[21060]: mount(nfs): nfs: mount failure
nfsserver:home/rram on /home/rram

I've been trying to eliminate these messages by removing the [homes] share or pointing
it to a bogus local directory via the PATH statement, but it still seems to want to
access the home directory
from the user record.  Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks.