Halászy-Kiss Ágoston agoston at simeis.net

Mon Jun 30 21:07:00 GMT 2003

[....]

What I discovered:

- after linux box boot it didn't print from any winXP, booting process
  includes starting cupsd and smbd
- but if I reload samba it starts to print
- it seems to me samba didnt load printers at the boot process

Any ideas, solutions?

cupsd *must* be completely up and running for Samba to pick up the printer list.

* Make sure that cupsd is started well before smbd (and make sure
  that you get a return code of 0 for the "lpstat -r" before you
  try to start smbd

* Make sure that CUPS writes a "printcap" file by enabling the
  "Printcap /etc/printcap" directive in cupsd.conf.

Please post me at : agoston at simeis.net
Thanks in advance

Cheers, Kurt