Check to see if they can still print. Win2K does that to me too, but they can still print. I had to add:

use client driver = yes

To the printers defenition to get the Access Denied error to go away.

HTH

Rick

Bob Crandell wrote:

Hi,

I just installed 2 Win2K sp4 workstations on an otherwise working Samba 2.2.8a
network and 2 of the 3 printers are showing "Access denied".  What's up with that?
The other computers that are working just fine are Win98, XP and Win2K NOT sp4.

Here is part of the global section:
       printing = bsd
       load printers = yes
       disable spoolss = yes
       printcap name = /etc/printcap
       printer admin = admin, administrator, @ntadmin

Here is one of the printers:
[Printer]
       comment = Our Printer
       path = /var/spool/lpd/hp4000n
       queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc -P%p stop
       queueresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc -P%p start
       print command = /usr/bin/lpr -Php4000n -r %s
       use client driver = yes
       printer name = hp4000n
       browsable = yes
       printable = yes
       guest ok = yes
       writable = no
       public = yes
       force user = lp
       create mask = 0700
       write list = admin, administrator, @ntadmin

All the printers are identical except for the name and the path.  They work for
everybody except the Win2K sp4.

Any ideas?

Thanks

--