Jeremy Allison wrote:
On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 02:52:38PM -0700, Matt Seitz wrote:

The Samba 3.0-RC1 "smbcacls" utility is reporting an error when I ask it to display the security information of a file on a Windows 2003 server:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# ./smbcacls --user=SEITZDNSDOMNAIN\Administrator //seitzwin2003/Documents test.txt
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/root/samba/debug/lib/smb.conf":
No such file or directory
Password:
signing_good: SMB signature check failed on seq 1!
SMB Signature verification failed on incoming packet!
failed session setup with NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
cli_full_connection failed! (NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE)

Can you get me a debug level 10 log of this please ?
I'm guessing that for some reason smbcalcs is not obeying
the request to turn on sessino signing.

I discovered that it works fine if use a forward slash ("/") instead of a backwards slash ("\") between "SEITZDNSDOMAIN" and "Administrator". Would you still like a level 10 log, or should I just chalk it up to user error?